Eileen Sullivan is a trusted licensed massage therapist known for successfully working with people of all ages dealing with chronic tension, stress, and injuries. She draws upon a broad range of training and experience, using intuition and skill.
Most of her work with clients centers on pain relief. A natural evolution from her work as a social worker, Eileen’s intention is to heal the body AND calm the mind during her sessions. Her basic belief is that our body, mind, and spirit are all connected.
Before moving to Carrboro, NC and working at Areté, Eileen Sullivan had her own therapeutic massage practice for over 20 years in Massachusetts, voted “Best Massage Therapist” for a number of years. She came to the Chapel Hill area to live closer to family. You will see her walking trails in Carrboro and surrounding area.
A lifelong learner, Eileen explored a self-help body work called Block Therapy during the pandemic. Block Therapy works with your body’s fascia to ease restrictions. Feel free to ask Eileen if Block Therapy would be beneficial for you.
Learn more about Eileen’s services here.
Eileen Sullivan’s Credentials
- North Carolina licensed massage therapist #19391
- Massachusetts State licensed massage therapist since 2000
- American Massage Therapy Association member
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals member
- Trained at the Muscular Therapy Institute in Cambridge, MA
- Graduate Certificate in Medical Social Work from Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions
- Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington