Eileen is a trusted licensed massage therapist known for successfully working with people of all ages dealing with chronic tension, stress, and injuries. She draws upon a broad range of training and experience, using intuition and skill.
Most of her work with clients centers on pain relief, but her intention is to assist in healing the body and calming the mind.
During the pandemic, Eileen explored a self help body work called Block Therapy. Block Therapy works with your body’s fascia to ease restrictions in the body. This self therapy has also influenced her practice to look for not just the pain site, but where the pain originated. On occasions, Eileen will incorporate the block in a massage session if she feels it will be of benefit to a particular issue a client is having, or the person is curious about how it feels on the body. Feel free to ask Eileen if the Block Therapy program would be beneficial for you.
Eileen had her own therapeutic massage practice for over 20 years in Massachusetts, voted “Best Massage Therapist” for a number of years. She came to the Chapel Hill area to live closer to family. You will see her walking trails in Carrboro and surrounding areas.
- North Carolina licensed massage therapist #19391
- Massachusetts State licensed massage therapist since 2000
- American Massage Therapy Association member
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals member
- Trained at the Muscular Therapy Institute in Cambridge, MA
- Graduate Certificate in Medical Social Work from Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions
- Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington